VIVE LA FRANCE!
Join Jeannette Pomeroy Parssi ’81 on a once-in-a-lifetime creative journey to paint, sketch, explore and dine in the Loire Valley, France. Choose between two trip date options which are Saturday, May 6, 2023-Saturday, May 13, 2023 OR Saturday, May 20, 2023-Saturday, May 27, 2023.
Trip Highlights Include:
- Visiting the quaint town of Amboise situated on the Loire River to paint and journal
- Exploring and painting at two of the most famous castles in the Loire Valley, Chenonceau and Villandry
- Dining in a crèperie, tea rooms and cafés, attending a wine/cheese tasting at a local épicerie and walking through a troglodyte wine cave
- Viewing a hat-making demonstration, while resting and eating in a 4-star hotel steps away from Clos Lucé where Leonardo da Vinci worked during the last years of his life (we will visit and paint here, too)
What’s Included with the Trip?
- Meals (except alcohol and one lunch)
- Daily Transportation
- Admission to Sites
- Basic Art Instruction and Critique
- Basic French Lesson the First Evening
- Transportation from the Tours Train Station to Amboise
Transportation to and from the tours and health insurance are not included.
Price and Registration:
- $4950 per person, double occupancy.
- $5450 per person, single occupancy
Registration for the trip to France is open! Fifty percent of your trip payment is due at the time of registration and cancellations can be made up until Tuesday, February 7, 2023 (minus a $100 registration fee). The trip balance is due on Tuesday, February 7, 2023. No cancellations can be made after that date.