Registration for Career Summit 2018 is now closed. Students who are interested in attending but have not registered are welcome to stop by the registration table in the Hicks Student Center atrium before the session they would like to attend. Walk-ins will be accepted as space permits, especially on Saturday. See the Career Summit schedule online by clicking on ‘Agenda.’
A distinguished group of alumni will join Silicon Valley executives and venture capitalists for Career Summit 2018. The event is two days of practical preparation April 6 and 7 for Life after K. Hilmon Sorey, the managing director of ClozeLoop, continues our series of features highlighting our speakers for the event. To learn more, visit our Career Summit 2018 news story.
Managing Director at ClozeLoop
Hilmon Sorey is the managing director of ClozeLoop, a management consulting firm in San Francisco. He is an award-winning sales management consultant and trainer to Salesforce, Box, SurveyMonkey, Nutanix and other fast-growth Silicon Valley firms and start-ups.
He continues to advise chief executive officers regarding methodology, organization and scalability. Hilmon holds a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Roosevelt University.
Hilmon is scheduled to speak during the following sessions of Career Summit 2018:
- Dinner and Opening Plenary, 6 p.m. April 6
- Mentoring Matters: What You Gain from Trusted Advisers, 10 a.m. April 7
- Tips for Bringing Your Identity to Work, 10:45 a.m. April 7
- Serendipity: Making the Most of Unexpected Opportunities, 11:30 a.m. April 7
Other Scheduled Speakers
- Bill Duane ’94, retired superintendent of well-being, Google
- Brad O’Neill ’93, CEO and co-founder, Depot Global Inc.
- Carolyn DeWitt ’04, president and executive director of Rock the Vote
- David Rust, former director of operations strategy, Lyft
- Drew Dumsch ’90, founder and president/CEO of The Ecology School
- Ed Hortelano ’83, global vice president of research and development at Loparex
- Esperanza Cantú ’11, project leader in the Data Planning and Evaluation Division at the Detroit Health Department
- Janete Perez, co-founder at Present
- Kris Davidson, business owner, Kris Davidson Photography
- Lindsey Haswell, co-founder and executive VP at Depot Global Inc.
- Mike Soenen ’92, partner at Valor Equity Partners
- Timasha Woods ’07, global human resources business partner at Amgen