Download the Whova App to Register for Career Summit 2018
- open the app and search for Kalamazoo College;
- sign in with your Kalamazoo College email address and a password of your choosing;
- if the event itself asks for a password, use carzi.
To register, add Career Summit sessions to your agenda within the app. If you need to change your registration at any time, remove a session from your agenda.
Students without a mobile device can preview the Career Summit, its agenda and its speakers. Email Center for Career and Professional Development Director Joan Hawxhurst for assistance in registering. Please include in your email which sessions in the agenda you would like to attend.
About Career Summit 2018
A distinguished group of K alumni will join Silicon Valley executives and venture capitalists for Kalamazoo College’s Career Summit 2018. The event is two days of practical preparation April 6 and 7 for Life after K. All students are welcome and encouraged to attend this special event.
Through interactive break-out sessions, themed panel discussions and networking opportunities, students of all majors will gain priceless information about the global job market.
Led by Brad O’Neill ’93, creator of K to the Bay and the CEO and co-founder of Depot Global Inc., this exclusive opportunity to connect with industry leaders takes place at K so as many students as possible may participate.
Confirmed speakers for Career Summit 2018 include:
- Esperanza Cantú ’11, project leader, Data Planning and Evaluation Division, Detroit Health Department
- Kris Davidson, owner, Kris Davidson Photography
- Carolyn DeWitt ’04, president and executive director, Rock the Vote
- Bill Duane ’94, retired superintendent of well-being, Google
- Drew Dumsch ’90, founder and president/CEO, the Ecology School
- Lindsey Haswell, co-founder and executive vice president, Depot Global Inc.
- Edwin Hortelano ’83, global vice president for research and development, Loparex
- Om Malik, partner, True Ventures; founder, Gigaom
- Brad O’Neill ’93, CEO and co-founder, Depot Global Inc.
- Janete Perez, co-founder, Present
- David Rust, former director of operations strategy, Lyft
- Mike Soenen ’92, partner, Valor Equity Partners
- Hilmon Sorey, managing director, ClozeLoop
- Timasha Woods ’07, senior global human resources business partner, Amgen.