Registration for Career Summit 2018 is now closed. Students who are interested in attending but have not registered are welcome to stop by the registration table in the Hicks Student Center atrium before the session they would like to attend. Walk-ins will be accepted as space permits, especially on Saturday. See the Career Summit schedule online by clicking on ‘Agenda.’
A distinguished group of alumni will join Silicon Valley executives and venture capitalists for Career Summit 2018. The event is two days of practical preparation April 6 and 7 at the Hicks Student Center for Life after K. Lindsey Haswell, the co-founder and executive VP at Depot Global Inc., continues our series of features highlighting our speakers for the event. To learn more, visit our Career Summit 2018 news story.
Co-Founder and Executive VP at Depot Global Inc.
Lindsey Haswell is co-founder and executive vice president of Depot Global, a software company in the self-driving car industry.
Before founding Depot Global, Lindsey was a legal executive at Uber, where she oversaw some of the most complex regulatory and litigation issues affecting the mobility industry. Before Uber, Lindsey spent 11 years as a litigator at the law firm Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, best known for defeating California’s Proposition 8, the amendment denying same-sex couples the right to marry.
Lindsey is a graduate of the University of Southern California’s undergraduate and law schools. When Lindsey is not obsessing over self-driving vehicles, she can be found chasing after her car-loving husband and two little boys in San Francisco.
Lindsey is scheduled to speak during the following sessions of Career Summit 2018:
- Dinner and Opening Plenary, 6 p.m. April 6
- Mentoring Matters: What You Gain from Trusted Advisers, 10 a.m. April 7
- Building a Company: How Founders Launch and Grow Companies, 10:45 a.m. April 7
- Serendipity: Making the Most of Unexpected Opportunities, 11:30 a.m. April 7
Other Scheduled Speakers
- Bill Duane ’94, retired superintendent of well-being, Google
- Brad O’Neill ’93, CEO and co-founder, Depot Global Inc.
- Carolyn DeWitt ’04, president and executive director of Rock the Vote
- Drew Dumsch ’90, founder and president/CEO of The Ecology School
- Ed Hortelano ’83, global vice president of research and development at Loparex
- Esperanza Cantú ’11, project leader in the Data Planning and Evaluation Division at the Detroit Health Department
- Hilmon Sorey, managing director at ClozeLoop
- Janete Perez, co-founder at Present
- Kris Davidson, business owner, Kris Davidson Photography
- Mike Soenen ’92, partner at Valor Equity Partners
- Timasha Woods ’07, global human resources business partner at Amgen