Kalamazoo College alumni and friends enjoyed a 11 day tour of Spain with President Jorge G. Gonzalez and Suzie (Martin) Gonzalez ’83 on May 4 – 14, 2019.
Trip highlights included:
- Touring the monumental 18th-century Royal Palace in Madrid.
- Visiting Toledo, a UNESCO World Heritage site and capital of medieval Spain until 1560.
- Traveling to the Moorish city of Cordoba and embarking on a walking tour of the Mezquita.
- Viewing Columbus’ tomb in Seville, taking a walking tour of the quaint old Santa Cruz quarter and enjoying an authentic flamenco show.
- Journeying through the peaceful Sierra Nevada to Granada and touring the world-famous Alhambra, an immense hilltop palace.
- Visiting the bustling central market, a 13th- century Gothic Cathedral and the City of Arts and Science in Valencia or having a “paella experience” which features a boat ride on the canals, going to a traditional fisherman’s home and an authentic paella demonstration and lunch.
- Enjoying an in-depth look at vibrant and lively Barcelona, one of Europe’s most beautiful and exciting cities.