The Senior Integrated Project (SIP) is an occasion for independent scholarship, often in conjunction with an internship or other creative activity, that results in a written report, performance or exhibit. The College considers such independent work a significant part of the experiential education of all Kalamazoo College students. Therefore, every student must complete a SIP of at least one unit.
The Senior Integrated Project requirement is usually completed in the major department, although it may be completed in any department of the College with the approval of that department and an adviser in that department. Each department sets its own requirements for senior projects done in that department, including the range of acceptable projects, the required background of students doing projects, the format of the SIP, and the expected scope and depth of projects.
During students’ senior spring, a number of departments host symposia, recitals, exhibitions, or theatrical productions in which results of research or creative work are featured.
The academic catalog offers more details and specific requirements.
- For his SIP, Sam Meyer ’21 applied gravity and physics to building an irrigation system in Tanzania that grows crops and conserves scarce water resources. The post SIP of Water […]
- Many student-athletes at K are interested in health and wellness. But there might only be one who has applied that interest to fruit flies. The post Student-Athlete Researches Exercise Response […]
- Grace Hancock '22 is a great example of a woman in science the U.N. celebrates every February 11 on the International Day of Women and Girls in Science. The post […]
- If you desire an appreciation for William Shakespeare yet find his plays challenging, you’ll want to attend "Acting Shakespeare" coming this week to K. The post “Acting Shakespeare” an Ideal […]
- Molly Ratliff ’22 hopes to work in an environmental-studies field after she graduates from Kalamazoo College, making her senior integrated project (SIP) this summer an ideal experience. She is researching […]
- Congratulations to the following Kalamazoo College students who received awards during the 2019 Senior Awards Ceremony on Saturday, June 15, at Stetson Chapel. The awards include all academic divisions, prestigious […]