70½? Use Your IRA Rollover to Make a Tax-free Gift
If you are required to take a minimum distribution from your IRA, and are at least 70½ , you can make yearly tax-free gifts to Kalamazoo College. To do so simply contact your IRA account administrator to request a charitable rollover from your IRA be sent to:
Office of Advancement
1200 Academy Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49006
Our federal tax ID number is 38-1358014.
- Must be 70½ before transferring funds
- To qualify as tax-free, your gift must be directly transferred from your IRA account to the College
- The transfer may qualify – in part or in whole – for your yearly-required minimum distribution
- Gift must be made by December 31 to qualify for that tax year
- Maximum amount per year eligible for tax-free transfer from IRA is $100,000
- If you have a spouse (as defined by the IRS) who is 70½ or older and has an IRA, he or she can also give up to $100,000 from his or her IRA
- The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you will receive the benefit even if you do not itemize your tax deductions
If you have any questions or would like to make a gift, please contact 269.337.7238.