IRA Rollover

Important information regarding making a 2023 calendar year IRA gift!

If you have IRA check writing abilities, your check must be received by Friday, December 15, 2023. This will ensure that your check will be deposited prior to the end of the calendar year.

To make a gift transfer, contact your account administrator to request a check to be delivered to the address below. Envelopes must be postmarked no later than Saturday, December 30, 2023.

To learn more, please visit

Are You 70½? Use Your IRA Rollover to Make a Tax-Free Gift

If you are required to take a minimum distribution from your IRA, and are at least 70½, you can make yearly tax-free gifts to Kalamazoo College. To do so simply contact your IRA account administrator to request a charitable rollover from your IRA be sent to:

Kalamazoo College
Office of Advancement
1200 Academy Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49006

Our federal tax ID number is 38-1358014.

Mailing Address

Kalamazoo College
Office of Advancement
1200 Academy Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49006

Federal Tax ID Number

Kalamazoo College’s Federal Tax ID Number is 38-1358014.

Qualification Considerations

  • You must be 70½ before transferring funds.
  • To qualify as tax-free, your gift must be directly transferred from your IRA account to the College.
  • The transfer may qualify – in part or in whole – for your yearly-required minimum distribution.
  • The gift must be made by December 31 to qualify for that tax year.
  • The maximum amount per year eligible for tax-free transfer from an IRA is $100,000.
  • If you have a spouse (as defined by the IRS) who is 70½ or older and has an IRA, they can also give up to $100,000 from their IRA.
  • The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you will receive the benefit even if you do not itemize your tax deductions.

Contact Us

Andy Miller ’99
Associate Vice President for Development