There’s nothing like a campus visit for getting to know K! We will be opening for in-person visits beginning September 23rd (registration will open the week prior, please watch this page). Meanwhile, our campus is not closed to self-guided tours. If you find yourself in Kalamazoo, please stop by the Admission Welcome Center at 106 Thompson St for a detailed walking guide, found in the vintage mailbox next to our entrance. And if you see faculty and staff on campus, please don’t hesitate to ask us questions!
Virtual Visit Experience
We’re thrilled to bring the campus to you. Please feel free to customize your visit experience and take advantage of the many opportunities to engage with our students, faculty and admission counselors!
- Take a Buzz-About Campus, a guided exploration of our beautiful campus with one of our talented tour guides.
- Attend an information session! These Zoom presentations are typically given by one of our awesome admission interns or counselors.
- Meet with your admission counselor to learn more about the K-Plan, the application process, financial aid and more.
- Visit with faculty to get more insight regarding mentorships, majors and coursework at K.
- Sign up for a virtual visit experience here.
Beginning Sept. 23, 2020, we will be offering limited in-person tours, one family at a time. We still encourage you to schedule a virtual visit above and attend an information session or counselor meeting in that forum, however, if you are able to come to Kalamazoo for a visit, we are happy to show you around!
Learn more and sign up for an in-person tour here.
Optionally, for those that may be in the area and do not need an official tour, you are welcome to stop by the Admission Welcome Center at 106 Thompson St for a detailed walking guide, found in the vintage mailbox next to our entrance. And if you see faculty and staff on campus, please don’t hesitate to ask us questions (please wear a mask on and maintain a safe distance, per K’s health and safety protocols).
Explore other ways to connect with us:
- Check out our virtual tour. Click on the locations to explore campus from the comfort of your home!
- Ask a student to hear about life at K straight from the source! Current students are available for phone calls, texts, video chat and email.
- Chat with our alumni and learn about the K experience from the perspective of a graduate.
- Meet an admission counselor one-on-one. We’re happy to meet you through FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, or just chat over the phone, text or email to discuss your place at K.
Virtual Open Houses
One of the most important aspects of your college search is finding a college that is a great fit with your personal and academic interests. Attending a K Open House is an excellent way to be introduced to the College and will offer you the opportunity to visit campus and to meet with some of the admission staff along with other members of the K community.
Fall Virtual Open House Dates:
High School Virtual Group Visits
Virtual Group visits are meant for academically-prepared high school students who are interested in learning more about Kalamazoo College. These visits include a student-led campus tour and an information session. Group visit requests will be honored on a first come, first served basis, and as scheduling limitations allow.
Group visits are available Tuesday – Thursday at 10 a.m. or 1 p.m. EST
The Weekly Buzz
In this weekly series, you’ll get the scoop on the application & admission process, chat with current students and counselors, learn how to write an awesome essay and so much more. Below are our current topics and there are more to come!
We know it can be tricky helping your student choose a college. How much advice should you give them? How involved should you be? There are so many questions. This should be an exciting time for you & your student! Let us share some ways to make it fun and stress-free.
Filling out a Common App seems daunting, right? It doesn’t have to be! Let us walk you through the process and share what makes YOU stand out to the folks reading those apps!
Will you be the first person in your family to go to college? YAY, you! You are not alone and there are resources available. While being the first to do anything can be a bit scary, there are many useful resources here at K that can help you connect and thrive! We’ll share tips and advice on how to successfully make the transition from high school to college.
How will you let your true self shine in your college essay? What will you write about? Are there certain things to focus on or things to avoid? Two of our Assistant Directors will share tips and tricks for making your essay stand out!