Registration for Career Summit 2018 is now closed. Students who are interested in attending but have not registered are welcome to stop by the registration table in the Hicks Student Center atrium before the session they would like to attend. Walk-ins will be accepted as space permits, especially on Saturday. See the Career Summit schedule online by clicking on ‘Agenda.’
The April 6 and 7 event, featuring 12 current or former representatives of organizations such as Google and Rock the Vote, will help students prepare for Life after K through interactive break-out sessions, themed panel discussions and networking opportunities.
Read more about the speakers scheduled through the links below including:
- Esperanza Cantú ’11, project leader, Data Planning and Evaluation Division, Detroit Health Department
- Kris Davidson, owner, Kris Davidson Photography
- Carolyn DeWitt ’04, president and executive director, Rock the Vote
- Bill Duane ’94, retired superintendent of well-being, Google
- Drew Dumsch ’90, founder and president/CEO, the Ecology School
- Lindsey Haswell, co-founder and executive vice president, Depot Global Inc.
- Ed Hortelano ’83, global vice president for research and development, Loparex
- Brad O’Neill ’93, CEO and co-founder, Depot Global Inc.
- Janete Perez, co-founder, Present
- Mike Soenen ’92, partner, Valor Equity Partners
- Hilmon Sorey, managing director, ClozeLoop
- Timasha Woods ’07, senior global human resources business partner, Amgen.
Students of all majors will gain priceless information about the global job market, although registration is required in advance. To register, download Whova from the App Store for Apple/iOS mobile devices or Google Play for Android devices. Then:
- Open the app and search for Kalamazoo College.
- Sign in with your Kalamazoo College email address and a password of your choosing.
- If the event itself asks for a password, use carzi.
After you register, be sure to add the specific events you want to attend to your individual agenda.
Students without a mobile device can preview the Career Summit and its agenda. Then, email Center for Career and Professional Development Director Joan Hawxhurst. Please include in your email which sessions in the agenda you would like to attend.