For decades, K’s soon-to-be graduates have united in philanthropy to Kalamazoo College. The dollars they raised have contributed to our K experience. Those gifts help fund classroom and faculty resources for your favorite professors, experiential learning opportunities such as study abroad and career treks, as well as scholarships you may have received. More than 98 percent of students receive some form of scholarship or financial aid.
Senior Class Agents
We are currently accepting applications for class agents for the class of 2019. Submit your class agent application here. The deadline for submission is 4th Week Wednesday, October 3, 2018.
What are Class Agents?
Class agents are leaders from each alumni class and senior class. More than 135 alumni currently serve as class agents. They span the globe and the decades from the 1950s to the class of 2018. In fact, class agents form one of Kalamazoo College’s largest alumni volunteer networks, making it another great way for you to connect with alumni.
Are you interested in keeping your class connected to the College? Would you like to join one of the largest and strongest groups of leadership volunteers at K? If so, please consider the class agent role and apply today.
- Member of the class of 2019.
- An interest in advancing the mission of Kalamazoo College through giving and asking your peers to give in honor of your senior year.
- An interest in building class unity and keeping your class connected through a variety of communication methods.
- Have one or more of these skills/interests:
- Experience and/or interest in fundraising (volunteer efforts, coursework, clubs, etc.).
- Desire to achieve philanthropic goals to enhance the K experience for current and future students.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, social media, design, etc.).
Responsibilities during your senior year:
- Initiate interpersonal conversations with classmates about making their first gift back to K.
- Participate in class agent training sessions throughout fall quarter.
- Participate in weekly meetings throughout winter and spring quarters.
- Plan and implement events while developing communication support for the Senior Gift Campaign.
- Help establish a lifelong relationship between Kalamazoo College and your classmates.
Responsibilities as alumni class agents:
- Write yearly outreach and fundraising letters to your classmates.
- Support Kalamazoo College Fund appeals through social media and other outreach.
- Assist in planning reunions and reunion giving programs every five years.
- Encourage your classmates to update their contact information on a consistent basis and submit class notes.
- Thank classmates for their generosity through notes, emails and/or phone calls.
- Encourage classmate donors to continue their annual tradition of giving.
- Keep classmates up-to-date on all things K!