Weekly Community Reflection
Friday Community Reflection offers a unique forum for reflection, worship, performance and community expression.
Each Friday at 11:00 AM during the quarter.
Refreshments at 10:30.
Visit the chaplain’s page
for student organizations, faith groups, current activity and program listings.
Exploring spirituality, asking crucial life questions, and connecting with others to search for meaning.
The Office of Religious and Spiritual Life encourages students to intertwine their spiritual growth with their academic, intellectual, and emotional growth:
- Creates spaces for students to more deeply explore their own faith traditions as well as to learn from the faith traditions of others.
- Calls students to stop and ask questions of meaning and value, to step back and look more fully at their lives.
- Helps students take time out from the busy-ness of their lives to tell stories and get to know each other, building communities of small groups supporting each other.
- Provides pastoral support and insight. All members of the College community are welcome to arrange an individual conversation about any spiritual or moral concern with the Chaplain.
- Offers retreat opportunities at key times in college life (decision-making skills for students declaring majors, re-entry retreat for students back from study abroad, mid-term afternoon in the woods, etc.)
- Offers leadership opportunities for students. Interfaith Student Leaders and Interns help plan and work on various chapel events.
- Offers opportunities for social activism.
- Maintains collegial relations with several churches and other religious communities in Kalamazoo.
College Chaplain & Director of Religious Life
Elizabeth Hakken Candido