For decades, K’s soon-to-be graduates have united in philanthropy to Kalamazoo College. The dollars they raised have contributed to our K experience. Those gifts help fund classroom and faculty resources for your favorite professors, experiential learning opportunities such as study abroad and career treks, as well as scholarships you may have received. More than 98 percent of students receive some form of scholarship or financial aid.
Top Five Reasons to Make Your Senior Gift
- Keep Kalamazoo College strong and protect the value of your degree. The better the College looks, the better your degree looks to employers.
- Honor your favorite professor of staff member. You can make your senior gift in honor of a faculty or staff member who played an exceptional role in your Kalamazoo College experience.
- Make scholarships possible for future students. Ninety-eight percent of K students receive need-based and/or merit-based financial aid made possible by charitable gifts to the College.
- Help provide experiential learning opportunities such as internships, externships, career treks, civic engagement and more.
- Make an immediate impact for the classes of 2021, 2022, 2023 and beyond.
Who are Class Agents?
Class agents are leaders from each alumni class and senior class. More than 140 alumni currently serve as class agents. They span the globe and the decades from the 1950s to the class of 2020. In fact, class agents form one of Kalamazoo College’s largest volunteer networks, making it another great way for you to connect with alumni.
- An interest in advancing the mission of Kalamazoo College through giving and asking your peers to give in honor of your senior year.
- An interest in building class unity and keeping your class connected through a variety of communication methods.
- Have one or more of these skills/interests:
- Experience and/or interest in fundraising (volunteer efforts, coursework, clubs, etc.).
- Desire to achieve philanthropic goals to enhance the K experience for current and future students.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, social media, design, etc.).
Responsibilities during your senior year:
- Initiate interpersonal conversations with classmates about making their first gift back to K.
- Participate in class agent training sessions throughout fall quarter.
- Participate in weekly meetings throughout winter and spring quarters.
- Plan and implement events while developing communication support for the Senior Gift Campaign.
- Help establish a lifelong relationship between Kalamazoo College and your classmates.
Responsibilities as alumni class agents:
- Write yearly outreach and fundraising letters to your classmates.
- Support Kalamazoo College Fund appeals through social media and other outreach.
- Assist in planning reunions and reunion giving programs every five years.
- Encourage your classmates to update their contact information on a consistent basis and submit class notes.
- Thank classmates for their generosity through notes, emails and/or phone calls.
- Encourage classmate donors to continue their annual tradition of giving.
- Keep classmates up-to-date on all things K!
The 2021 Senior Class Agent application will be available in September of 2020. If you would like to be notified when the application becomes available, please email Denise Negrea, Assistant Director, Kalamazoo College Fund, or call 269.337.7293.