Connect with former teammates, explore museums around the world, create a work of art with your kids, take time for your health, and/or host your own K experience – all from the comfort of your home.
Stay Connected and Create a Buzz
- College Singers Alumni Virtual Choir Project: Thank you to the 38 alumni who participated!
- Create Your Own Virtual Alumni Gathering: Would you like to get together with a small or specific group? Host your own virtual alumni meet-up! Use the Alumni Directory and search based on class year, major and/or minor, occupation, study abroad, study away, athletic affinity, and geographic location. Please allow up 3 – 5 business days to obtain access to the Alumni Directory for a new account or if you need password assistance.
Virtual Resources, Activities, and Future Hornet Fun!
- Kalamazoo College YouTube Channel: Visit the Kalamazoo College YouTube Channel and stay up to date on the latest College news!
- Bake Your Own Sister Pie: Create a tasty treat at home with recipes from the cookbook by Lisa Ludwinski ’06, owner of the popular Detroit bakery, Sister Pie. Available for purchase – hard copy or digital.
- K Digital Coloring Sheet: Download our digital coloring page for some stress relief or future Hornet fun!
- Lectures and K Talks: Watch a recorded talk by a K alumna/us or a faculty member.
- Story Zoo: Listen to unique K stories and tell your story.
- Virtual Campus Tour: Take a virtual stroll through all of your favorite campus spots to reminisce and check out what’s new.
- Shop the K Bookstore from Home: Check out the online bookstore and get ahead of holiday gift-shopping, purchase a gift for a recently admitted Hornet, or to treat yourself!
- Career-ish Podcast: Join the Center for Career and Professional Development’s Richard Sylvester as he interviews (mostly) K alumni about their career journeys and the unique, unplanned, and sometimes funny paths their careers have taken them.
- Explore Our Digital Archives: View a broad range of materials on the 185-year history of Kalamazoo College, including biographies, publications, scrapbooks, photographs, and more.
- Visit Museums Around the Globe: Explore this curated list that highlights 12 of the 2,500 museums available online to take a virtual tour.
- Take a Journey Through America’s National Parks: Virtually escape to one of our national treasure’s – from glaciers to hot springs, there is something for everyone.
Get Involved and Volunteer
- Alumni Admission Volunteer Program: The Office of Admission frequently enlists the help of alumni in the recruitment of prospective students to Kalamazoo College. Check out the Alumni Admission Volunteer Program for more information and to find out how you can help future Hornets and our Admissions Counselors from home.
- Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD): Our dedicated CCPD staff relies on the support of alumni to provide advice and/or resources for students conducting career development internships, senior individualized projects, and post-graduate job searches. Below are 5 ways that you can help K students!
- Arcus Center for Social Justice Leadership: Check out the Arcus Center’s online blog and website, Praxis Center. Each week they produce short rigorous essays of current relevance for teaching and social justice activism.
- Future Alumni Travel Survey: We want to hear from you! Complete the Alumni Travel Survey and help us determine our future group travel offerings. Check out 2019 trip to Spain with President Gonzalez and other past alumni travel offerings!
If you would like to host a virtual alumni experience not listed or you have a resource available not listed above, please email the Office of Alumni Engagement at email@example.com and get started today! All virtual ideas promoted by Kalamazoo College are subject to final approval by the Office of Alumni Engagement and are not guaranteed promotion. All events and opportunities available are subject to change.