In today’s job market, an estimated 70 percent of openings are not posted. Instead, they’re filled through referrals and connections. The Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD) is teaching current students to build professional relationships and networks in their field of interest, through which they may gain access to referred job postings and valuable career advice.
As a graduate of K, your K-Plan experience makes you an ideal mentor for current K students. If your employment information is up-to-date in the Online Alumni Directory, students may find you when they’re seeking advice and connections in your field. The CCPD is encouraging students to use the alumni directory as a primary source for professional networking.
Please take a few minutes today to log into the alumni directory and make sure your professional information is up-to-date.
- Go to the alumni directory page.
- Log in with your username and password. If you don’t have one yet, click on register now.
- Go to Update Profile. You will have the option to sync with your LinkedIn profile.
- Check the boxes under Visibility to Students to select how a student can contact you. Résumé reviews and informational interviews are both options!
- Update your employment information under the heading Professional.
- Click on Update to save your preferences.
Thank you for contributing to a strong professional network, one of the distinctive and life-long benefits of a Kalamazoo College education.