Dear Future Hornets,
Over the past several weeks, our admission team has been impressed by the resiliency of our K community and our applicants. For me, these uncertain times have highlighted the strength and compassion of our community, and repeatedly demonstrated what I’ve always told prospective students: At K, we take care of each other. Consequently, we’re extending the same compassion to you, our Future Hornets. As you move through the application process, please know that we’re committed to the following:
- Grace for decision deadlines. Our decision deadline is still May 1. However, if you have any concerns about meeting this deadline, please communicate with your admission counselor.
- Financial aid for special circumstances. If your family’s financial situation should change at any time, please know that K’s financial aid appeals process exists for this purpose.
- Enrollment deposit flexibility. If you have special financial concerns regarding enrollment deposits, please contact your admission counselor to arrange a reduced-cost deposit. Enrollment deposits are applied to your first-semester bill; should you need to defer enrollment, you can apply your deposit to a future term.
- Understanding toward credit/no credit grades. We’re happy to accept transcripts that document the grades awarded by your high school. We know that many high schools are changing to pass/fail or credit/no credit assessments, while others are actively considering their options.
- Case-by-case approach to AP, IB and dual enrollment credit. Our policy toward evaluating credit for these exams has not changed; we’re looking into equitable solutions for all students. As soon as we learn more about changes to these exams, we’ll get in touch with you with more details about our approach.
- Celebrating our test optional policy. We’ve been proudly test optional since 2015. If taking the SAT or ACT is not feasible for you, we understand.
In these times of uncertainty, I know that this K community is where I want to be. I hope you’ll join us too.