AP/IB Dual Enrollment

AP and IB coursework/Dual Enrollment.

Kalamazoo College considers AP, IB, and dual enrollment courses as evidence of rigor in your high school experience. The strength of your curriculum can have an impact on your chances for admission and the size of your merit-based scholarship.

Advanced Placement (AP)/International Baccalaureate (IB) Courses

  • Apply toward graduation (but may not be used to satisfy the seminar requirements)
  • May satisfy major, minor, or concentration requirements at the discretion of departmental faculty.
  • For a list of all AP and IB courses which Kalamazoo College accepts and the scores accepted as transferable credit, visit our AP Course Equivalencies page, as maintained by our Registrar Office.

Dual Enrollment

  • Coursework must have been taken at an accredited institution of higher education.
  • Kalamazoo College considers students bringing dual enrollment credits as first-year students for the first academic year and requires them to follow all first-year student policies.
  • All general transfer credit policies apply to dual enrollment credit.

Please Note:

Determination of transfer credit will be made only after an offer of admission has been released. All credit is awarded by the Registrar in consultation with departmental faculty; admission staff cannot evaluate transcript for transfer credit prior to admission.