Pedestrian traffic conditions on campus are good and we anticipate opening winter quarter on Tuesday, January 7. That said, we will continue to monitor the weather, surrounding transportation conditions, and campus parking in order to make a final decision tonight or early tomorrow morning regarding the opening of winter quarter.
We will inform students, faculty, and staff of that decision tonight or early tomorrow morning.
Even if we do commence winter term classes tomorrow (Tuesday, January 7) we will ask that all faculty and students provide the greatest flexibility, understanding that some may be delayed in their return. Students: if you are not able to be in class, please communicate via e-mail with your professors to let them know. Faculty: if you are unable to make it to campus, please notify your students. Staff: if you are unable to make it to campus, please notify your supervisor.
We know that there has been a great deal of disruption in travel, especially airline and bus cancellations. We ask that everyone use appropriate discretion regarding their travel plans and make your return to campus when you feel it is safest to do so.