Campus Virtual Tour

Stetson Chapel

Stetson was built in 1932 as part of the centennial celebration of the founding of the College in 1833. The chapel was closed in May of 1986 for a complete renovation, and was rededicated on April 26, 1987. The bell tower, which rises 104 feet, remained empty until a ring of eight English tower bells were dedicated on June 2, 1984. This set of bells was fabricated at the Whitechapel Bell Foundry in London, the same foundry which made the famous Liberty Bell. Ours was only the sixteenth such bell tower in the United States when it was dedicated. Now, there are twenty.

Venture inside to read about chapel programs, or around back to the memorial garden, fire ring and entrance to the Cavern.



How to Use the Virtual Tour