After 47 years the time has come to replace our aging natatorium with a new, state of the art facility for our student athletes and the college community. A new natatorium will make K more competitive with institutions such as Kenyon, Denison, Grinnell, and Chicago for outstanding swimmers and divers. It will also allow us to schedule more and higher quality dual meets.
The proposed 37,813 square foot facility, with an estimated cost of $15 million, will feature the following:
- Ten short course (25 yard) lanes for competitive meets
- An additional 6 short course lanes available for practice and recreational swimming
- The ability to train six long course (50 meter) lanes
- Two adjoining sections of water
- 25 yards by 25 meters (10 lanes)
- 25 meters by 6 lanes with a diving well and shallow area
- Movable bulkhead to section off the diving well or shallow area for class/lessons.
- 2 x 3 Meter and 2 x 1 Meter Diving Boards
- Stands to accommodate up to 350 spectators
- Wet classroom space for meet management/team use
- Enclosed office for electronic meet equipment
- Five locker rooms – two for intercollegiate athletes, two for general use and one for family use
It is time to provide our Hornet swimmers and divers with a new home. We hope that you will share our vision and help us to achieve this important goal by contributing online to the Natatorium. See naming opportunities here.
If you have questions or would like to discuss other methods of giving, please submit an inquiry here.