Top 10 Reasons for Seniors to Give
- Tuition covers about two-thirds of what it costs to educate a K students. Gifts to K make this education possible.
- About 98% of K students receive some form of financial assistance.
- Last year, gifts of $50 or less to the Kalamazoo College Fund added up to $80,000!
- You can give any amount that matters to you. Many of us are giving $20.13 to honor our class year.
- Gifts help increase the alumni giving percentage, which can help attract more gifts from foundations (these grants help with essential needs and research opportunities, like Dr. Furchak’s breast cancer research).
- Giving is part of who we are. K students contribute 30,000 hours of volunteer service every year. That’s on top of the time spent working together in class, in student organizations, on teams, and helping out other students. We’ve always been at our best when we give.
- When our class hits 52% participation in the Senior Class Gift, an anonymous donor will give $10,000 to K!
- Since the inception of the Senior Gift Challenge in 2008, every senior class has reached 52% participation.
- And seriously, we can do better than the Class of 2012.
- You get to choose where your gift goes. What matters the most to you?
- Did you receive a scholarship? You can pay it forward and direct your gift to scholarships.
- Do you have a favorite professor? You can show your appreciation by directing your gift to faculty excellence.
- Do you enjoy helping out wherever help is needed most? Direct your gift to K’s greatest needs.
A proud tradition: At K, seniors come together to leave their mark through Senior Class Giving.