Naming opportunities enable donors to celebrate their connection to Kalamazoo College and support its mission in perpetuity. Making a gift in one’s own name, or to honor or memorialize someone else, acknowledges a donor’s generosity, creates a lasting legacy and serves as an inspiration to others.
You can make a contribution to the endowment at any gift amount. However, gifts made at certain thresholds provide you with the opportunity to name a fund.
|TYPE OF FUND
||MINIMUM LEVEL TO NAME A FUND
|Internship / Externship||$60,000|
|Senior Individualized Project (SIPs)||$80,000|
|Distinguished Chair||$2.5 million|
|Athletic Coaches / Program Directors||Varies – contact for more information|
Endowed Funds for Student Support
Students are the heart of Kalamazoo College and bridging the gap between tuition and the cost of providing a world-class liberal arts education remains a top funding priority.
- Scholarships recognize student achievement and expand student access and opportunity.
- Providing student experiences beyond the classroom is an important component of the K-Plan. Thus, support for projects and research is vital. Experiential Learning Funds may be created to support Internships and Externships, Study Abroad, and research for Senior Individualized Projects (SIPs).
- Support for scholarship and experiential learning may be combined into a special K-Plan Endowed Fund that will stay with a recipient throughout their four years at K.
Endowed Funds for Faculty Support
Great colleges are defined by great professors. The following endowments ensure K will continue to attract and retain the very best teachers and scholars and provide them with resources that ultimately benefit students.
- A distinguished chair is awarded to a senior faculty member (professor or tenured associate professor) who has achieved recognition in their field.
- A professorship is awarded to a junior faculty member (assistant professor) who has achieved recognition or shows great promise in their field.
- Gifts to an endowed faculty competitiveness fund will support faculty excellence and compensation broadly defined.
Endowed Funds for Program Support
The signature components of the K-Plan are supported by faculty, staff and departments who provide programming that strengthen the community, invigorate the educational experience and promote students’ informed engagement in the world. An endowed program fund may be established to support programs (i.e. LandSea), academic departments (i.e. Chemistry) or program centers (i.e. Center for Career and Professional Development).