By 2017 Kalamazoo College will be recognized nationally and internationally as a leader in innovative education that provides students with the following:
- A learning-focused environment that integrates academic excellence, experiential education, and outstanding co-curricular experiences
- A learning community that is residential, diverse, inclusive, student-focused, and comprehensively internationalized
- Multiple experiences for global learning and leadership that include an in-depth education abroad experience
- Outstanding preparation for life and leadership
- Outstanding leaders;
- Responsible global citizens sensitized to intercultural and international diversity;
- Innovative problem solvers prepared to address the challenges of the future;
- Effective agents of transformational change;
- Engaged, ethical citizens; and
- Alumni who maintain life-long connections with the College.
- Excellent faculty who are models of intellectual vitality and who integrate strong discipline-based expertise, interdisciplinary learning, innovative educational approaches, and a commitment to student learning;
- Outstanding staff and administration who exhibit professional competence, a strong service orientation, and a commitment to the development of students; and
- The physical and technological infrastructure and the financial resources necessary to meet the College's current and future needs.