The Kalamazoo College Alumni Association invites you to join us on our next international K Alumni and Friends Trip with
President Jorge G. Gonzalez, and his wife, Suzie (Martin) Gonzalez ’83. After the success of our 2019 Alumni and Friends
trip to Spain, we now set our sights to embark on the journey of a lifetime to Vietnam and Cambodia in March 2020!
Kevin Geiser ’78, and his company Travel Leaders, our local tour guides, Luxe by EXO, and the Office of Alumni Engagement
have crafted a custom, expertly guided adventure to Vietnam and Cambodia. Our adventure exemplifies the Kalamazoo College mission of Lifelong Learning, and we are excited to bring Life with K to Southeast Asia!
ONLY 8 SPOTS LEFT! REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS NOVEMBER 12!
March 17 – 29, 2020 ⋅ 11 Nights / 12 Days ⋅ 24 Meals
Price per person, double occupancy: $3,969
Single availability is now sold out.
*Price does not include round trip airfare, nor internal airfare
For further trip details, including hotel information, meals, and transportation, please review our comprehensive guide:
K Alumni and Friends Trip: Southeast Asia – Detailed Information and Trip Inclusions
To book, contact Janice Eagle at Travel Leaders by phone at 269.925.0777 or by email at email@example.com.
To expedite the process, please fill out the Reservation Form and email it to Janice when you are ready to book.
Janice will assist in booking airfare, the visa process, ensuring travel details are in place, and with questions about the trip.
Please carefully review the cancellation and deposit policy.
Just like our small class sizes, this will be a small group exploration of only 26 staff, alumni and friends.
Book today! The cut-off date is Tuesday, November 5 – but this trip will book quickly!
Audrey Bitzer, Advancement Events Manager at Kalamazoo College, will join K Alumni and Friends on this trip. You may reach her by phone at 269.337.7283 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Trip Highlights Include:
- Hanoi Full Day City Tour: includes a visit to the sixth-century Tran Quoc Buddhist Pagoda, the Temple of Literature,
the Ho Chi Minh Complex to see his famous Mausoleum, the One Pillar Pagoda, the Old Quarter, and the
site of the famous Hoa Lo Prison, more famously nicknamed the ‘Hanoi Hilton’.
- Water Puppet Theatre: Live performance of the unique northern Vietnamese art form, Water Puppet Theatre.
- Halong Bay Overnight Cruise: We will board our own private junk for a unique overnight cruise! It features a fruit and vegetable carving lesson, a visit to Surprise Cave, Tai Chi lesson, meals, stopping at Titove Island, squid fishing, and more!
- Hue Full Day City Tour: features the UNESCO-Heritage Imeperial Citadel, enjoy tranquil gardens,the relaxing Tinh Tam lake, and a visit to the Thien Mu Pagoda. Visit the tombs of Emperor Minh Mang and Khai Dinh, both featuring incredible history and architecture.
- Museum of Cham Sculpture: View the world’s largest collection of Cham artifacts created by the Indic civilation, Champa between 500 and 1500 AD.
- Hands – On Cooking Experience: A true culinary adventure from start to finish! Shop for your own ingredients and cook your own Vietnamese dishes from scratch under the watchful eye of the Red Bridge team of chefs!
- Hoi An Walking Tour: Discover Hoi An by foot as you take in the city center with our expert guide.
- Day of Leisure at a Five Star Resort: You will have an entire day to enjoy our resort, the Naman Retreat Danang. Book a massage at the spa, take a yoga class, play a round of golf at one of the two finest courses in Southeast Asia, go for a bike ride, enjoy one of their on-property restaurants, relax on the beach, rest up, and get ready for our journey to Cambodia the next day! Alternatively, if you prefer, you may explore Danang City, Hoi An Ancient Town, or any of the other nearby sights on your own.
- Sunrise at Angkor Wat Temple: Journey to Angkor Wat, a magnificent temple complex built in the early 12th century where we will watch the sunrise over the temple’s five iconic towers and learn
- Champagne Breakfast at Srah Srang Baray: After sunrise at Angkor Wat, we will enjoy a champagne breakfast overlooking the picturesque Srah Srang Baray, a lovely lake where the remains of an island temple may often be seen in the distance.
- Angkor Thom: our tour will continue to the last capital of the Great Khmer Empire under the reign of Jayavarman VII, the walled city of Angkor Thom. We will then have the opportunity to view the Bayon Temple, a 12th century masterpiece of grandeur.
- Jeep Excursion in the Cambodian Countryside: Your driver will be taking you by Jeep to see lush landscapes, striking rice fields, and the isolated villages of Khmer.
- Banteay Srei: Visit a small, but intricate, pink sandstone temple built in 967 AD.
- Golden Silk Pheach Farm: See weaving ateliers practicing the ancient Khmer art of creating Golden Silk products that can take years to create.
- Phare, the Cambodian Circus Performance: Attend an evening performance of Phare Ponleu Selpak (PPS) or ‘The Brightness of the Arts”, a Cambodian non-profit.
- Siem Reap: Enjoy a morning at your own leisure to explore the city. Suggestions will be provided.
- Farewell Dinner with President Gonzalez: For our final evening, we will travel by boat to the secluded, charming, and private Villa Chandara where our special goodbye dinner awaits! It will be a dinner to remember, set against a backdrop of landscaped gardens, rice paddies, and the stars. Here we will have the opportunity to reminisce about our adventures through Vietnam and Cambodia, your experiences with Kalamazoo College, and say goodbye to your President Gonzalez and your fellow K Alumni and Friends!