Campus Parking Lots
For your convenience, these campus parking lots are available for your use during Commencement Weekend:
- Upper Fine Arts Lot: Access from Thompson Street
- Lower Fine Arts Lot: Access from Acker Lane (a one-way, northbound street)
- Acker Lane Lot: Access from Acker Lane (a one-way, northbound street)
- Severn Lot: Access from Acker Lane (a one-way, northbound street) or Catherine Street
- Markin Lot: Access from Academy Street
- Trowbridge Lot: Access from Academy Street and Monroe Street
- Hicks Center: Access from Campus Drive and Lovell Street
- DeWaters: Access from Lovell Street
- Facilities Management Lot: Access from Academy Street or Lovell Street
- Athletic Complex Parking Lot: Access from West Michigan Avenue
View Campus Map
• Open parking will be available in all campus lots and on the streets near campus and in the surrounding neighborhood. Be sure to arrive early to secure a parking space and follow the posted parking regulations for street parking, as that is controlled by the City of Kalamazoo. Please do not park in spaces reserved for handicapped parking unless you are authorized to do so.
Handicapped Parking and Barrier Free Access
• Limited handicapped parking spaces for Commencement will be available at the east end of the Weimer K. Hicks Center on a first-come, first-served basis. Additional spaces will be available near the entrance to Campus Drive on Academy Street.
• Due to limited handicapped parking, a designated “drop-off” area for the Commencement ceremony will be located on Campus Drive in front of Hoben, accessible from Academy Street. Families may drop off guests here for barrier-free access to the Quad then find parking elsewhere on campus.
• For guests in wheelchairs, a designated seating area for the Commencement ceremony will be located in the shade on the northeast side of the Weimer K. Hicks Center. Families with guests in wheelchairs who would like to reserve seating in this designated area should contact Kerri Barker at 269-337-7289 or email@example.com. Guests in wheelchairs who wish to sit with their entire party elsewhere on the Quad may do so.
• Barrier-free restrooms for the Commencement ceremony are located in Olds-Upton Hall and the Weimer K. Hicks Center. Entrance to the restrooms in Olds-Upton is on the east side of the building off of Campus Drive. Entrance to the restrooms in the Weimer K. Hicks Center is through the doors on the east end. Some assistance may be needed in opening the doors to these buildings.
• An ambulance will be on hand should any emergency arise during the Commencement ceremony.
• Stetson Chapel is accessible by a ramp on the south side of the building, closest to the Weimer K. Hicks Center, and the closest handicapped parking spaces are located in the Trowbridge lot. A large, unisex handicapped accessible restroom is located in Stetson Chapel near the chapel’s south entrance.
• If you have any questions or concerns about parking or barrier-free access on campus for Commencement Weekend, please contact Kerri Barker at 269-337-7289 or firstname.lastname@example.org.