1. You usually just tell people that you’re an International Studies major to save time from saying “International Area Studies” or explaining what IAS stands for.
2. You’re really good at explaining what your major consists of and why you chose it.
3. You have a lot of interests.
4. You get a little annoyed with the idea of having to justify your major choice because you know it’s awesome.
5. You’re very familiar with the Registrar’s Office, and vice versa.
6. You love travelling, and therefore are SO EXCITED for study abroad!
7. You are proficient in at least one other language.
8. You are usually a double major, often with another minor or concentration.
9. You’re comfortable with the idea of critically analyzing and questioning what you know about a place or a culture…or anything.
10. You have a lot breadth in your academic knowledge but are specialized in your knowledge of a certain region of the world.
11. You know that connections can always be made between classes, and you love making them.
12. You love to talk about why IAS is so great.