November 7-8, 2014
If you are a high school senior of multicultural background or you are a student with a strong interest in Diversity and Inclusion, we invite you to spend a couple days on our campus learning more about our dynamic campus community. Kalamazoo College is an increasingly diverse liberal arts college with a focus on challenging academics and experiential education. Our first-year class continues to be diverse in composition, comprised of 32% domestic students of color, 9.5% international students and 42.5% students from outside of Michigan.
This year’s program will be offered in conjunction with our regularly scheduled Fall Open House.
Friday, November 7
- Attend a class
- Participate in a workshop dialogue about diversity and inclusion
- Work on your college application
- Stay overnight with a current student
Saturday, November 8
- Attend the Fall Open House
- Listen to presentations on Admissions and the K-Plan
- Go on a campus tour
- Interact with other prospective students and families
Space is limited, so there is a short application (see below) for this program. We will select students based on a variety of factors, including (but not limited to):
- Academic credentials
- Interest in a liberal arts education
All applications must be submitted by Friday October 10, 2014. Participants will be notified of their selection by October 17.