Transfer Students

We recognize that as a student’s goals and program of study change they may need to consider other options.

For this reason, we welcome the application of transfer students who have begun their undergraduate work at another institution. Any questions about transfer applications can be directed to Transfer Coordinator Suzanne Lepley.

As you consider applying to Kalamazoo College as a Transfer student, please consider the following:

You can consult our Course Equivalency Guide if you are transferring from:

  • Kalamazoo Valley Community College
  • Michigan State University
  •  University of Michigan – Ann Arbor
  • Washtenaw Community College
  • Transfers are accepted primarily for entry in the Fall term.
  • The deadline for applying as a transfer student is May 1st*.
  • While an interview is not required, it is strongly recommended.
  • In most cases, successful transfer applicants present grades of a B average or better in their current courses.
  • Our application is available online. Please note that in addition to the Transfer Application, we require the Registrar’s Report, Instructor Evaluation, official high school and college transcripts and official SAT or ACT test scores.
  • Transcripts will be evaluated for transfer of credit after a student has been admitted to the College.
  • Merit-based scholarships are available for transfer students at a range of $5,000-$19,000 to be awarded for the duration of their studies as determined by the Registrar.
  • Please see our official Transfer Policy.
Program Application Deadline Notification Letter Mailed Deposit Due
Transfer Applicants May 1* May 15 June 1

Reactivating an Application

If you have completed an application to Kalamazoo within the past year, then you may reapply by reactivating your previous application. Please submit a written request by email to or by mail to the Office of Admissions. You will also need to update your application by submitting the College Official’s Report, Instructor Evaluation, official college transcripts and final high school transcript if this was not previously sent to the College.