Check your status.
Kalamazoo College uses a holistic review process to fully assess your candidacy for admission, thus all materials you submit will be considered. We encourage you to read the information below to understand what makes a student a good fit for K and which application materials are required.
Contact your admission counselor with any questions about the application process!
- Average GPA: 3.9
- ACT Middle 50%: 26-30*
- SAT Middle 50%: 1100-1350 (math and critical reading)*
- High School Curriculum: 91 percent of admitted students complete at least one advanced (AP, IB, Dual Enrollment) course in high school.
*Kalamazoo College has a Test Optional admission policy.
Required First-Year Application Materials
- Common Application, including the Common Application essay
- High School Transcript
- Counselor Recommendation and Secondary School Report
- Teacher Recommendation
- Mid-Year Report (once your seventh semester grades are available)
Additional Optional Components Include:
- ACT or SAT scores
- ACT school code: 2018
- SAT school code: 1365
- Arts supplement
- Kalamazoo College writing supplement
- Interview with an admission counselor or alumni representative
Binding Application Programs
- Open to all incoming first-year students, including international students
- If you apply and are admitted to K as an Early Decision candidate, you must withdraw applications you have submitted to other institutions
- Requires Early Decision Agreement Form in addition to all other application materials
- Read more about our binding Early Decision I & II application programs
Non-Binding Application Programs
- Early Action
- Regular Decision
|Program||Application Deadline||Notification Letter Mailed||Deposit Due|
|Early Decision||November 1||December 1||January 15|
|Early Action||November 1||December 20||May 1|
|Regular Decision||January 15||April 1||May 1|
|Early Decision II||February 1||February 15||March 1|
|Transfer Applicants||May 1||May 15||June 1|
Merit-based scholarship award notifications will be included with the offer of admission.