Applying for Need-Based Aid

Already filed the FAFSA?
Are all your materials in? Check here.

Every family´s financial situation is unique and predicting how college expenses will be met can be challenging. Students who are seeking consideration for need-based financial aid from federal and state programs must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Furthermore, filing a FAFSA allows access to the Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan even for those families who do not demonstrate need.

1. To be sure you receive full consideration for eligibility, file the 2015-16 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 15. Kalamazoo College´s federal school code is 002275.

Some students with demonstrated need may also receive need-based grants supported by Kalamazoo College. For consideration of such grants, we request that in addition to the FAFSA, you also complete our own form. Our form is designed to supplement the FAFSA allowing us to better evaluate the student’s and family’s ability to pay.

2.  Complete the 2015-16 Kalamazoo College Financial Aid Form. We also recommend you file our form by February 15th, but later applications will still be processed. This form will be available online January 1, 2015.


Office of Financial Aid:

Location: Mandelle Hall, Room 109
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am -12pm & 1pm – 5pm
Address: 1200 Academy Street, Kalamazoo, MI  49006
Phone: 269.337.7192 / 800.632.5760
Fax: 269.337.7390