Qualified candidates will demonstrate passion and accomplishments in the area of sustainability, the local food movement/local food advocacy, promoting environmental awareness and/or environmentally friendly policies.
Students interested in applying for this scholarship must provide the following information:
- Application cover page
- Resume demonstrating passion, sustained commitment and accomplishments in the areas of sustainability, promoting environmental awareness or environmentally friendly policy. Please provide estimations of your time commitment toward your activities, such as hours/week, weeks/year, number of years, etc.
- An essay, consisting of no more than 500-750 words, in which you elaborate on at least two of the following essay questions:
- How have you been involved in the environmental movement? Where do you feel you have made the largest impact, or been the most successful, in your endeavors?
- Is there anything that you wish you could have accomplished? What obstacles did you face?
- What sustainability practices do you want to bring to the college community?
- Letter of Recommendation from a person closely involved with your efforts (Examples: teacher, pastor, club advisor, etc. No parent recommendations.)
Recipients of this prestigious award will meet at the beginning of the academic year to discuss environmental/sustainability opportunities available to them. Recipients are expected to be involved in one of the environmental, sustainability, or local food movement organizations on campus for at least one academic term per year.