Qualified candidates will demonstrate passion, sustained commitment and accomplishments in the areas of intercultural understanding, international awareness/activism, international policy and/or global issues.
Students interested in applying for this scholarship must provide the following information:
- Application cover page
- Resume demonstrating passion, sustained commitment and accomplishments in the areas of intercultural understanding, international awareness/activism, international policy and/or global issues. Please provide estimations of your time commitment toward your activities, such as hours/week, weeks/year, number of years, etc.
- An essay, consisting of no more than 500-750 words, in which you elaborate on two or more of the following essay questions:
- What do you consider to be an important global issue and why?
- What is the connection between this issue and how it may affect your own community?
- How has your work on international issues influenced your intercultural understanding of both your own culture and other cultures you have encountered?
- Letter of Recommendation from a person closely involved with your efforts (Examples: teacher, pastor, club advisor, etc. No parent recommendations.)
Recipients of this prestigious award will meet at the beginning of the academic year to discuss international involvement opportunities available to them. Recipients are expected to be involved in the K international community or to work with international issues for at least one academic term per year.