The Enlightened Leadership Awards are merit-based scholarships available to incoming, first-year students and are awarded through a separate, competitive application process. These awards, which are in addition to the merit-based scholarships described above, enhance and reflect the spirit, culture and values of our campus community. As a college with a rich history of excellence, we encourage qualified individuals to apply and share with us their own personal dedication and involvement in the following award areas:
- The Enlightened Leadership Award for Social Activism and Community Engagement
- The Enlightened Leadership Award for Creative Expression
- The Enlightened Leadership Award for International Activism
- The Enlightened Leadership Award for Sustainability and Environmental Activism
- All scholarships must be submitted online through SlideRoom by February 1, 2014. For specific application information please click on the links above.
- Twenty scholarships will be awarded across the four areas in the amount of $20,000 ($5,000/year). These are renewable for all four years provided that the student completes the necessary involvement each year.
- Students are welcome to apply for more than one Enlightened Leadership Award, although only one will be awarded per student.
- There is no minimum GPA requirement to retain scholarship.
- All students are eligible to compete for the Enlightened Leadership Awards, even if they have received other scholarships from the College.
- Students are not required to major or minor in any specific discipline in order to be awarded one of these scholarships.
- All applicants will be notified of the Enlightened Leadership Award results no later than April 1.