How to block Google Analytics
These instructions provide the step-by-step procedure for adding a simple line of script to a file named “Hosts“. In PCs with Windows, the following steps should be followed in order to modify the file and block Google Analytics:
- Open the Hosts file in Notepad*
- Move the Curser to the end of the file
- Add “127.0.0.1 google-analytics.com” to the end of the file.
- Save the file and exit Notepad
- Shutdown and restart the computer
*The Hosts file is located in different locations in different operating systems and even in different Windows versions; please see Hosts file in Wikipedia.